Atherton Collieries are proud to announce the first issue of our new magazine, “Are You The Clown?”
Produced by the team behind our matchday programme, “Are You The Clown?” is an informal look through the Colls archives, with each issue featuring interviews, photographs and stories from throughout our 105 year history.
Issue One is now available to order, with 36 pages of new Colls content, including an exclusive interview with former Colls, Man United and Bournemouth icon, Russell Beardsmore, and our attempt to answer the question, whatever happened to Lukasz Malkowski?
Other articles in Issue One include:
– Black And White Town: Your fan photos showing off Colls tops near & far
– An interview with our chief photographer, David Featherstone (also featuring Rod Stewart, of course)
– Glances through the Colls archives, from cup finals at Burnden Park to welcoming continental champions to the Skuna
– All the World’s a Stage: Zach Pierce discusses the differences between the theatres of football and the arts.
– Even more photographs and articles of the Colls, past and present
The debut issue is now available to order here, for £3 plus £1 postage:
The cover stars of Issue One are Brad Cooke and Lukasz Malkowski, in an artistic rendition of what could’ve happened had the Norwegian FA approved our international clearance for the legendary winger.