Report: Colls 1-4 Marske United

Buoyed by what must be record breaking precipitation the day previous, the pitch naturally played heavy but it certainly didn’t deter the galvanised visitors whose star striker Adam Boyes notched a brace to complete a comprehensive 4-1 victory.

United totally dominated the first half as they adapted to the tricky conditions imperiously and eventually took the lead on 34 minutes after a neat move down the attacking left ultimately found the head of the prolific Boyes.

Attacking-midfielder Round, wearing the captain’s armband for his side in this game, then pounced expertly on a loose ball to make it two just before the break. The stripes laid this goal on a platter and it summed up the rather dismal first half display perfectly.

A slight element of good fortune helped the Seasiders to their third not long after the restart, with a wicked bounce carrying the excellent Donald Chimalilo’s long-range effort over Nico Defreitas-Hansen. The shotstopper was one of the home team’s few bright sparks and didn’t deserve this ill fortune.

Colls got back into proceedings on 65 minutes. Nathan Caine tapped in from millimetres out after the selfless Lewis Mansell had delivered a dangerous cross at the end of a determined run.

But with the home team committing bodies forward in search of further goals, space began to open up at the other end, eventually allowing Boyes to find the freedom of downtown Atherton to add his second and Marske’s fourth.

Debutant Adam Dawson and Nico Defreitas-Hansen were best for Colls as the lads need to regroup quickly with a visit to manager Dave Chadwick‘s old stomping ground FC United on Tuesday, ko 7.45pm.

Colls: Nico Defreitas-Hansen, Josh Solomon-Davies, Lewis Coulton, Oli Patrick (Sidi Fofana 54’), Jordan Fagbola (C) (Dylan Thompson 64’), Joe Adams, Harvey Gregson, Jordan Scanlon (Nathan Caine 65’), Adam Dawson - Subs (unused): Ben Rydel, Josh Askew

Colls Mon of the Match: Adam Dawson

Match Report: Ben Smith & Emil Anderson

Report: Stafford 2-0 Colls

Stafford Rangers captain Ethan Stewart led firmly by example on Tuesday night, scoring both goals as Atherton Collieries were beaten 2-0 at the Stan Robinson

Read More