Report: Colls 6-0 Litherland REMYCA

A crowd of 99 witnessed what was to be a fine Atherton Collieries performance to keep the 100% record set so far this season. Three wins in three looked possible when Colls scored the first goal just four minutes into the game. Mark Battersby had the ball delivered into his feet, he then controlled and set himself up for an over-head kick which left the keeper stranded. Two minutes later and Colls could have doubled their advantage. From a corner, Matty Boland whipped the ball into the box straight onto the head of debutant Mark Ayres. The defenders header was well saved by goalkeeper Daniel Cameron to keep his side in the game. Thirteen minutes into the game and it was REMYCA’s turn to register their first shot on goal. REMYCA striker Jack Abraham had the ball threaded through the Colls defence but his low and hard shot was saved well by Colls keeper Josh Harris who was making his 100th appearance for Colls – a fine achievement indeed. With five minutes to go until the interval REMYCA had another chance to draw level. Abraham swung his free-kick into the Colls area for Daniel Campbell to meet and head over. Colls managed to add a second just two minutes later. Mark Truffas received the ball central to the goal and on the half volley fired the ball straight into the back of the net. REMYCA were awarded a penalty just three minutes after the restart. Captain Anthony Mee stepped up and took the responsibility of penalty taker. He directed his penalty low and hard into the bottom left hand corner. Harris was equal to the shot to keep Colls advantage at two goals. Fifty two minutes into the game Mark Truffas scored his second. From a free-kick situation Truffas floated his shot into the bottom left hand corner of the REMYCA goal, an unstoppable shot for Cameron. On the hour mark Colls’ Ben Hardcastle was unlucky not to grab the fourth goal in the game. Good link up play resulted in the ball being diagonally threaded through to the centre of the box for Hardcastle to collect and just shoot wide of the post. Substitute Phil Howard got the fourth goal of the game for Colls just a minute later. Truffas crossed in for Howard to easily chest it into the REMYCA goal, Atherton Collieries 4-0 Litherland REMYCA. Just another minute later and Colls found themselves five goals to the good. Battersby received the ball from a cross on the far right side of the REMYCA box; he then chipped the ball over the REMYCA defence and goalkeeper straight into the top right hand corner. With just nine minutes until the final whistle Colls got their sixth. On the edge of the box, substitute Jake Patton set up his own volley which flew into the bottom corner of the REMYCA goal. Atherton Collieries: Josh Harris, Jake Kenny, James Brooks, Andrew Heald, Mark Ayres, Gareth Carson, Ben Hardcastle, Brad Cooke, Mark Battersby, Matty Boland, Mark Truffas – Substitutes: Jake Patton, Phil Howard, Matt Grimshaw, Nathan Battersby, Kris Holt Litherland REMYCA: Daniel Cameron, Chris Sheeham, Dean Siadankey, Anthony Mee, Daniel Campbell, Mike Gartside, Josh Wright, Louis Austin, Jack Abraham, Jamie Watkinson, Darren Car – Substitutes: Damien Kettley, Jamie Abraham, Stephen Westhead, Anthony Dunleavy, David Flynn The China Room Restaurant, Westhoughton Man Of The Match – Matty Boland Attendance: 99 Match Report: Zach Pierce

Vacancy: Kit Man/Woman

Atherton Collieries are currently looking for someone to fill the position of First Team Kit Man or Woman ahead of the 2024/25 Northern Premier League

Read More